I was able to get Bas Dijkstra to sign up for Cycle Cloud last week. Bas is a very well respected name in the test automation space with some particular expertise around BDD. I’m meeting with Bas tomorrow to review his feedback in more detail but here are his initial thoughts:
- The ‘in web browser’ part of the predefined steps gets really boring really quickly, lots of repetition throughout the scenario
- There’s a heavy focus on UI interaction, are you going to add other steps as well at some point (for APIs, for example)?
- Is there a way to create reusable blocks and thereby make the scripts easier to read and maintain?
- Please don’t market this as ‘doing BDD’, even when you’re using the Gherkin scenario, and be really clear about this when people ask
- What happens (or should happen) when I click ‘Queue’? I expect a way to run a scenario, but nothing seems to happen…
- Why does everything happen in the same tab yet when I click to open a project it opens a new tab?
- The ability to drag and drop steps / snippets would be great, would save me a lot of typing…